ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: Washington Nationals introduce lasting expansion with catcher Keibert Ruiz  (อ่าน 19 ครั้ง)

ออฟไลน์ Ellefsons

• กระทู้: 5
  • ถูกใจ: +0/-0
Washington Nationals introduce lasting expansion with catcher Keibert Ruiz
« เมื่อ: 01 เม.ย. 2024, 08:33 น. »

Keibert Ruiz was ready to sign the reported 8-year/$50M expansion he concurred to with the Washington Nationals this weekend as quickly as he saw the offer from the club,  which had acquired him from the Los Angeles Dodgers at the trade due date in 2021,  and made him their No. 1 catcher in his very first complete period in the majors last summertime."I said of course as soon as possible!" the 24-year-old catcher,  that'll turn 25 in July,  told reporters in journalism seminar revealing his lasting expansion on Saturday in West Hand Beach."But we waited a little. And I'm just happy for this moment and for whatever. Simply got to move ahead and keep functioning hard."Ruiz played in 112 video games complete in 2022,  in his very first full period in the majors,  starting in a total amount of 98 games behind home plate,  and setting up a. 251/.313/.360 line,  22 doubles,  7 home runs,  30 strolls,  and 50 strikeouts in 433 plate looks,  tossing out 20 of 71 would-be base-stealers (28% CS%),  and posting a. 992 fld%,  with seven mistakes on the season (3 of them fielding Luis Garcia Jr. Shorts,  4 throwing),  and 4 passed balls,  ending up the year at -5 DRS (Defensive Runs Conserved) as a rookie.Official. #NATITUDE He additionally,  ".,  selected off four runners in the beginning base, " as the club noted in their 2022 Period in Testimonial,  "tied for the most in Big League Baseball with Colorado's Elias Daz and New york city's (AL) Jose Trevino, " and his,  "four pickoffs were linked for the most in a solitary season in Nationals' background (2005-pres.) with Brian Schneider in 2005."Though his season ended too soon,  with a testicular contusion in early September,  the young catcher completed the year,  ". ranked [high] among [NL] catchers in hits (5th,  99),  increases (5th,  22) and extra-base hits (T6th,  29), " and he got on a roll at the plate at the time of the injury,  hitting,  ". securely in 14 of his final 19 games Jesse Winker Shorts,.300 (18-for-60),  with four doubles,  one homer,  6 RBI ,  6 strolls,  one stolen base,  and seven runs scored throughout [that] stretch."As satisfied as they are with what Ruiz needs to offer currently,  GM Mike Rizzo informed press reporters in the press conference introducing the offer they still see upside in the catcher as he obtains a bit more of the experience he requires over the next couple of years."He's a player that confirmed at the minors level he was among the top prospects in the video game, " Rizzo described,  as he sat on Ruiz's right,  with supervisor Davey Martinez on the left side of the catcher on the dais Saturday afternoon.Ruiz came up late in 2021,  after the trade which sent Max Scherzer and Trea Turner to LA in return for 4 prospects: the catcher,  right-hander Josiah Gray,  possibility Gerardo Carrillo,  and minors outfielder Donovan Casey. Ruiz debuted with the Dodgers in 2021,  but he was the day-to-day receiver in D.C. from the beginning last season."We brought him up early in his occupation,  he was tossed into a scenario where odd city,  weird organization,  strange pitching team,  and I believed he handled himself incredibly in 2015, " Rizzo added. "I assume that he came right into this winter season and this offseason,  into Spring Training in even more of leadership mode,  also before we started speaking about any kind of kind of expansion and that sort of thing,  and it gave me the onus to actually concentrate regarding that we wish to lock into these settings and to construct this team about,  and I believe that when you get kind of the general of this team,  which is the catcher,  and those players up the middle,  I assume it is essential that those are the men that become a leadership function. And I can see that for Keibert."Keibert Ruiz sees a great deal of promise with the young guys. #NATITUDE It's not simply his work behind the plate,  or with a bat in his hands,  however those abilities are there also."In addition to the physical skills. He's a switch-hitting catcher,  makes great get in touch with,  he had a great season in 2015 of tossing out prospective base-stealers Jake McGee Shorts,  dealt with Davey and [Capturing and Method Coach] Henry Blanco really,  really difficult on coming to be a catcher every day,  which is an extremely tough point to do.""Just the personality and make-up of the individual offered me self-confidence that this would be a good move for the organization."HIs supervisor obtained a close consider what the catcher has to use last season,  and saw him expand and develop as the year went along."I have actually frequently stated concerning him growing in 2014,  maturing a little bit, " Martinez stated. "I have actually always said this concerning him: I believe eventually he will certainly be among our leaders because clubhouse. "He's very soft-spoken,  yet when he talks he's truly great,  and he actually means what he says."I'm truly happy for him,  I'm really pleased for his family. We often discuss exactly how we purchase gamers,  and I believe it's type of the various other way. He's buying us for long-term which means a lot,  it truly does."Ruiz,  for his component,  was just satisfied to be in the majors last period,  adhering to 6 periods in the minors after he signed with LA out of Venezuela in 2014."That was my initial experience being in the big organizations,  and if I can do that,  I can do far better points than that, " Ruiz stated. "I recognize I can do it,  I have actually simply got to strive every and the job is going to pay off,  and first off I wish to maintain my protection first and after that striking. Some details here on Keibert Ruiz's offer. It's an innovative contract to front lots it,  probably for more investing when (if?) the payroll obtains higher throughout those cost-free firm years.

MacKenzie Gore Shorts

© grim-dbs.com 2009 - All rights reserved.  | counter customizable
Contact us : sales@grim-dbs.com | Tel : 08-7672-9665